There is no doubt that SnapChat is one of the most popular of all the social media apps in use but today we are going to look at SnapChat++ [ aka SnapChat Plus ]. This is a tweaked version of SnapChat for iOS containing features that will not be found on the original app, nor will you find SnapChat++ on the iOS app store. Normally, this would mean having to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch before you could install it but now there is another way of installing SnapChat++ without the need for a jailbreak. We are going to use a tool called Cydia Impactor and the steps shown later will walk you through how to do it.
Image : Download SnapChat ++
SnapChat++ Features :
- No need to jailbreak
- Works on all version of iOS 8, iOS 9 , iOS 10 and iOS 11
- Ability to increase the record strength
- Set up custom sounds for notifications and the launch view
- Spoof locations
- Much more besides
Please note that if you update the original version of SnapChat via the iOS app store, there is a good chance that it will remove SnapChat++. In this case, you would need to reinstall it and, until you do, you will lose access to all the new features.
Is SnapChat++ Safe to Install ?
This is a reasonable question for anyone to ask about an app that needs to be installed in this way. We can reassure you that SnapChat++ , just like similar apps like Phantom for Snapchat has been fully tested for both stability and for malicious code and, according to the app developers is guaranteed to be safe for use on your iOS device. However, neither we nor the app developers will take any responsibility for any action that the original SnapChat app developers may take, including disabling your account if they discover that you are using a hacked version of the app.
How to Install SnapChat++ :
You will require a computer to use this method and it will work on Windows and Mac operating systems. This tutorial is for Windows. Before you begin:
- Ensure you have your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch connection cable to hand
- Delete SnapChat from your iOS device as there may be a conflict with SnapChat++
- Ensure that you have iTunes on your computer. It does not need to be open, just installed.
When you have done all of the above, you are ready to install SnapChat++ on your iOS device :
- Connect your device to your computer. If iTunes opens automatically, close it down
- Download the .ipa for SnapChat++ [ file ]
- Download Cydia Impactor
- Extract the SnapChat++ zip file contents
- Open Cydia Impactor. Note – on Windows 10, [ Do Not use the “open as administrator” option ]
- Drag the .ipa for SnapChat++ to the Cydia Impactor window and drop it in
- Cydia Impactor will now request that you enter your Apple ID and password – you can set up a dummy account for this if you want, so long as it is valid
- Cydia Impactor will now sign the SnapChat++ file with the Apple ID you used – this may take a few minutes
- Once installed, open Settings > General > Profiles on your iOS device and find the app – click on Trust – if you skip this step, SnapChat++ will not work.
- Shut settings down and go to your Home screen – you will now see SnapChat++ on there and you can tap to open it and start using it
If you are not using a paid developer Apple ID, you will need to repeat the above steps every 7 days because the signed certificate will expire. Those using a fully paid up developers account will not need to do this. Hence to stop SnapChat ++ from crashing and stop working, you must download Anti Revoke [ext link] . This tool will block verification attempts and stop your app certificates from being revoked, which is what causes the crash. This leaves you to concentrate on using your apps without interruption.
We hope that you found this useful; do let us know what you think of SnapChat++ and, for more tutorials like this one, follow us on Facebook .