While jailbreaking is all well and good, giving you access to tons of tweaks, mods and apps to modify your iPhone or iPad with, not everyone wants to do it. The good news is, there’s an app that gives non-jailbreakers a kind of tweaks store of their own, although it won’t give you quite so much choice as Cydia does. The app is called Extensify and you will need it if you want to download a tweak for the popular SnapChat app.
Image : Phantom for Snapchat Download
The tweak is called Phantom and it gives Snapchat a great deal of functionality, over and above what it already has
Phantom Features :
Some of the best features include :
- Keeping Snaps in your feed and marking them as read when you want
- Ability to disable Hold gesture
- Snap log that saves all your sent media
- Easy to enable or disable Phantom
- Be able to select several contacts in one go
- Save your received media to a specific photo album, to your camera roll or to a password protected folder
- Send video and images direct from camera roll
- Lots of new caption effects
- Additional notification features including being able to set a specific notification sound, getting notifications on the status bar and the ability to hide the badge count when you come out of SnapChat.
Download Phantom for SnapChat :
Note : Phantom can now be downloaded directly and much faster from TweakBox – http://tweakbox.store/phantom/or use this ( link )
There are two methods for downloading Phantom for Snapchat app. Both the methods are explained below with download links and step by step tutorials.
Method 1 : Extensify App [ Easy Method ]
To get Phantom you need to do two things. First, you need to download SnapChat [ Appstore Link ] from iTunes. Second, you need to Download Extensify. Extensify is actually a new app and it can only work because Apple has finally allowed users to sideload apps. Inside Extensify, the apps are called Exos and there are a few paid and free apps. How it works is, once you choose your Exo from Extensify, you must carry out a build of the app, including the tweak and then install it. The new, modified version of the app will then be downloaded with all the modifications.
To do this :
- Search Extensify for the Phantom Exo
- Tap on Get to add Phantom to a Build session
- Once the build has been completed, you will be asked to install the app.
Note that the icon on your home screen will be called Phantom+ . Any exo that is downloaded via Extensify is denoted by a “+” at the end of the icon name.
Extensify isn’t able to make system level modifications to apps so, if that’s what you are looking for, you will need to jailbreak your device .
Method 2 : Using Cydia Impactor [ Advanced Method ]
Cydia Impactor is another way to download Phantom for Snapchat using sideloaded apps. First download the Phantom .ipa file linked below and then install using unsigned ipa following the tutorial below.
- Download Cydia Impactor [ext link] , make sure you download the right version for your operating system
- Extract the contents of the package and remember where you have saved them
- Download the IPA file of the Phantom app [ File ] that you want to sideload [ .deb files will NOT work ]
- Now connect your iOS device to your PC or Mac and ensure that you have the latest version of iTunes , click on Help > Check for Updates and follow onscreen instructions to update if required
- Launch the Cydia Impactor executable file .When loaded, choose your device from the dropdown menu
- Open the .ipa file and drag it into the Cydia Impactor Window
- Sign in with your Apple developer ID and password , a free or paid account will work and this is required so that the app can be signed for sideloading
- Click on OK. If you are using a free developer account, the certificate will only last for 7 days and the process will have to be repeated
- A warning message will appear regarding existing certificates; click on OK
- Cydia Impactor will now get the certificates from Apple and will digitally sign them for validation. Be patient as this can take a few minutes
- When the app has sideloaded onto your device, you will see the icon on your home screen
- Open Settings > General > Profile and Device Management
- Locate the app profile that has just been installed, tap on it and tap Trust to allow the app to run
Phantom for SnapChat Crashing Issue Fix :
Download Anti Revoke [ext link] to protect all your Extensify apps and tweaks. Anti Revoke is a small VPN tool that blocks the apps from having their certificates revoked, so you can use your apps without having to keep reactivating them.
Also Try This :
- SnapChat ++ [ Full Tutorial ]
Let us know how you get on with Extensify; Follow us on Facebook for up to the minute news.